Wednesday, October 29, 2008

why

omg So I had to sample pastries for my job because we might be switching bakeries.... holy shit and I didn't know that I had to do that until later in the day so I had already had this cup of really heavy soup, that was going to be all I had today. Well that's fucked.

I feel just so sluggish and nasty and full and it's only 6pm. Like I can feel my stomach bulging out and ew.
And it feels even worse after how strong I felt yesterday. This is so goddamn lame. I kind of want to cry. But this strengthens my resolve for another liquid fast tomorrow. Sadly the calories will probably only just even out to about normal intake over the course of three days.
Maybe I'll try to finish my homework at a decent hour and head to the gym.


On a better note, Hana, Yerba Mate is a kind of tea that basically has all the properties of coffee without the jittery side effects. It's a traditional drink in South America and can be prepared a few ways, but most people in the US drink it as a straight tea or with steamed milk and a bit of honey (I use sugarfree hazelnut).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh shit! That sounds awesome! And so perfect as I just haven't been able to get used to coffee. It makes me feel tired, and sometimes mildly nauseated. But although I was in a lot of discomfort and even pain I didn't mind too much b/c I couldn't have even thought of eating. Halloween cupcake in math? I couldn't even think of eating it ((unfortunately I felt bad for the girl who made them and took "to have later." Then I had this crazy ridiculous revelation that has left me ... well, you can read about it if you want to ha ha)).

Anyhow.

Where could I obtain this marvelous beverage?

xo Hana